Tuesday 1/29: Info Session, Ladd 307 @ 7:00 PM
- Informational session with the VP for Communications and Outreach, Amanda Seres, to explain and discuss the open positions, the duties of students in those positions, the elections process, etc. This session is not mandatory for elections, but is encouraged for students who would like to know more about SGA and the elections process!
Friday 2/1: Self-Nominations at SGA Office due by 4:30 PM
- There will be a sign-up sheet taped to the counter of the SGA office on the second floor of Case Center, across from Burgess Cafe. You must sign this sheet with your name and desired position by 4:30 PM today, or you will be automatically disqualified from elections.
Friday 2/1: Mandatory Meeting, Ladd 307 @ 5:00 PM
- This meeting is mandatory for all students running in Spring Round I elections! If a legitimate commitment (a class, sport practice, or work) conflicts with this meeting and you are unable to attend, you must let the VP for Communications and Outreach know in advance, or you will be automatically disqualified from elections.
Tuesday 2/5: Signatures & Platforms due in Amanda Seres' mailbox @ 4:30 PM
- Each candidate will create a platform outlining, among other things, his/her goals for his/her desired position (for specific guidelines and requirements, please see the Elections Policies and Procedures, located under the Documents and Forms tab of the top homepage menu). This platform is due in hard copy, with the candidate's signature at the bottom, to the VP for Communications & Outreach's mailbox by 4:30 PM today. The platform is also due, in digital PDF form, to the VP for C&O's email at the same time. In addition, each candidate is required to collect a pre-determined amount of signatures from members of the student body. Students running for Inter-Class Council may only collect signatures from members of their respective classes; everyone else may collect from the entire student body. For specific signature requirements, please see the Elections Policies and Procedures. These signatures are due to the VP for C&O's mailbox by the same time as platforms.
Wednesday 2/6: Speech Night, Spa @ 6:00 PM
- Each candidate will write a speech, no longer than three minutes, pertaining to his/her desired position. Candidates will deliver these speeches, in an order to be determined by the VP for C&O, at Speech Night, which is held in the Spa on the first floor of Case Center. After all candidates for a position have made their speeches, the audience will be allowed to ask questions of the candidates. Audience members may ask a general question that each candidate will answer, or a question pertaining to a specific component of one candidate's speech, which only that candidate will answer.
Thursday 2/7: VOTING, 12:01 AM - 11:59 PM
- Voting runs all day on Thursday, February 7th. Voting areas, fitted with laptops and staffed by members of SGA, will be set up from 10 AM through 7 PM in the Atrium of the Dining Hall and at the SGA desk on the second floor of Case Center. All students will receive a link in their Skidmore emails on Thursday, which can be used to vote from any computer, as well.
Friday 2/8: Announcement of winners @ 12:00 PM